Who We Are
To love God and to love others while serving enthusiastically the students and families that God
gives to Union Grove Christian School.
Our mission at Union Grove Christian School is to be an extension of the Christian home and Bible believing church in challenging and inspiring each student to know, grow in and show Jesus Christ, to seek God’s truth and wisdom in all areas of life and to pursue excellence and integrity in their academic, creative, and athletic endeavors.
Statement of Faith
We believe in and unqualifiedly affirm:
- The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired of God.
- One God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.
- That all people are born sinners and are worthy of death.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures and that all who believe in Him are justified because of His shed blood eternally.
- In the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord and His ascension into Heaven where He makes intercession for all that have trusted Him as Savior.
- In the personal, pre-millennial and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- That all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- In the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting, conscious punishment of the lost.
- That the local church is the body of the baptized (by immersion) believers organized for worship, work and fellowship; that the two ordinances of the church are baptism (by immersion) and the Lord’s Supper; that the local church is an independent and self-governing body responsible alone to Christ who is its Savior and Lord.
- God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27.) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- The term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4.) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
- Any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and us of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10.)
- God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11).
Union Grove Christian School does not cooperate with, nor approve of, the World Council of Churches, the National Council of Churches, the Charismatic movement, or the Ecumenical Movement.